DENTAL EMERGENCY! My tooth fell offDr. Tunesha Mohabeer July 4, 2018 0 COMMENTS
Can we save a tooth that got knocked out?
If the tooth is handled properly, your dentist can attempt to save your tooth.
- Remember to quickly get to a dentist.
- Make sure it is a permanent tooth
- To hold only the crown of the tooth (the part where you chew)
- If the tooth got dirt ,wash it quickly less than 10s under water
- Put it back in the mouth, tooth socket
- If you cannot place it back in its space, place on buccal area between cheeks and molars. Do not swallow!
- Or Put it in milk
- Or put in a container
- Don’t dry, don’t wipe ,don’t scrub it.
Once at the dentist, we will try to save it by administering local anesthesia, splinting, then you will be called in 7/10days depending on the state of the tooth, root canal treatment will be performed and prescribed antibiotics.
Regular review visits are recommended.
My name is Tunesha Mohabeer , Dental Surgeon/ Dentist at Ebene Mauritius. I love writing and reading. My patients call me Dr. Nesha. I have a passion for the work I do, I believe that dentistry is science combined with art and physics. I studied Stomatology in People's Republic of China, stomatology is basically half medicine and half dentistry after having completed my secondary education Cambridge O'Levels and A'Levels at the Queen Elizabeth College, Rose Hill. I am thankful to having chosen this field because I meet people from all walks of life, and we develop a friendly relationship. I hope toothandtips is helpful and please do not hesitate to comment and message. Thank you