Can we save a tooth that got knocked out?
If the tooth is handled properly, your dentist can attempt to save your tooth.
- Remember to quickly get to a dentist.
- Make sure it is a permanent tooth
- To hold only the crown of the tooth (the part where you chew)
- If the tooth got dirt ,wash it quickly less than 10s under water
- Put it back in the mouth, tooth socket
- If you cannot place it back in its space, place on buccal area between cheeks and molars. Do not swallow!
- Or Put it in milk
- Or put in a container
- Don’t dry, don’t wipe ,don’t scrub it.
Once at the dentist, we will try to save it by administering local anesthesia, splinting, then you will be called in 7/10days depending on the state of the tooth, root canal treatment will be performed and prescribed antibiotics.
Regular review visits are recommended.
- Avoid participation in contact sports.
- Soft food for up to 2 weeks.
- Brush teeth with a soft toothbrush after each meal.
- Use a chlorhexidine (0.1%) mouth rinse twice a day for 1 week.