Happy Divali Friends
I hope you had a great one!! We can have a good Divali and healthy teeth if we follow the following tips :
- Sweets and chocolates are an integral part of our celebrations. Enjoy your Divali cakes, but just ensure to brush twice a day, in the morning and at bedtime. Make it a habit to floss as well.
- Use fluoridated toothpaste as they prevent bacteria buildup in your mouth and help prevent cavities.
- During the day, if you cannot brush, have a glass of water after eating sweets. Having a glass of water helps wash away the sticky sweets. Not to forget, drinking water even helps you control weight.
- You may chew upon Sugar free gums after eating sweets as the sugar free gum helps in cleaning the mouth and increase saliva flow. Increased saliva flow increases our ability to fight bacteria and avoid cavities.
- Avoid fizzy drinks; they are bad for our health.
- Avoid sweets just before bedtime.
- Take special care of your kids as they tend to skip brushing during festivities. Remind them to brush and floss at morning and bedtime. Ask them to rinse after eating sweets. Get them a tooth brush of their favorite character to motivate them to brush.
Toothache is the worst thing to happen during Diwali time and especially when others are savoring on Diwali sweets.
Have a fun filled, prosperous and safe Diwali!!!!!
Found this post informative, please feel free to share